The Syrian Center for Media and Freedom of Expression (SCM) plans to continue its efforts in empowering Syrian civil society, Increasing the visibility and improving the capacity of Syrian CSOs’ social and political efforts among local and international stakeholders through establishing an “observatory” to measures the changing space of Syrian civil society in different geographical areas inside Syria and out of it.
The observatory is established as a component of SCM’s Citizenship and Civil Society program, to follow up and document violations against Syrian civil society organizations in all Syrian regions, in neighboring countries, and the diaspora. The Observatory documents any violation, repression, or harassment by local authorities against the work of civil society actors, whether at the level of institutions/organizations or individuals, to which they are exposed because of their activities within these organizations.
SCM is looking for a “Researcher” to conduct a research and write a report based on collected data, and according to the technical requirements and the following principles:
- Provide a Research Methodology.
- Prepare and develop data collection tools.
- Disseminate the data collection tools, and securely store the results.
- Analyze collected data and categorize it based on the incident type, the location, the civil actor , and the entity who conducted the incident/violation.
- Analyze any patterns, frequency, and reasons for the changes of the workspace of civil society, and the impact of these violations.
- Produce a report that focuses on Syrian CSOs” performance and changing of the workspace of the civil society.
- The research should be in one of the following languages: Arabic- English.
- The researcher will submit a first draft of the research by 15th March 2022.
- After incorporating edits by the SCM team and feedback from the stakeholders. The researcher will submit a final draft by 31th March 2022.
- Review the translated copy of the research.
- Participate in a launching event (webinar).
- Proof of work in similar projects that includes:
- Excellent academic qualifications, at least including a Master degree or higher in relevant discipline (preferably in Law or political sciences)
- Demonstrable experience in developing similar researches for the political sector (at least five-years)
- Experience and understanding of the Syrian context and issues faced by stakeholders in Syria.
- Demonstrable extensive experience in research, research methods,
- Excellent analytical skills – research question design, familiarity with research methods (and their appropriate usage), report writing.
- At least 2 References from previous projects.
- Financial offer including:
- Fees per day (total is about 10 working days).
- The validity of the offer (duration- date)
Location of Work:
- (70%) – Tenderer’s experience with the topic and the capacity for similar searches
- (30%). Financial offer
- For interested service providers, please send in your offer and professional portfolio in addition to a cost sheet, tenders shall be submitted by email only (with attachments) to the email address in the table below, with the following reference in the subject: Researcher-CSG.
- Tenders addressed to another email address or without attachments will be rejected, as we encourage you to send us your questions for any clarifications before submitting your proposed cost sheet.
- Only the selected party will be notified within two weeks of the deadline below.
|Deadline for submission of tenders/offers||13 Feb, 2022 at 17:00 (Paris time)|
|Email for submission of tenders/offers||[email protected]|
|Email for questions||[email protected] \ CC: [email protected]|
|Contract duration||Until complete execution of the obligations of the parties|
|Expected starting date of execution||15 February 2022|