You can now register for Amnesty’s third massive open online course (MOOC) on human rights. It will help you gain the knowledge to take action to defend human rights by exploring how defenders mitigate risk, take action to defend human rights, and how you can use your voice to join the fight, too.
Learn about the stories, struggles and successes of people defending human rights across the world.
Online course on Human Rights Defenders is free and open to all. Course materials open New. You can take the course at your own pace and in your own time. It takes 15 to 20 hours to complete and we recommend you give yourself four weeks so you can fully engage with other learners from all over the world.
The course will be available from 1 November until 24 January 2018.
Who can take the course?
Everyone with online access can take this course, whether you are in school or college, at university, taking the course as a group, or following it on your own in your free time.
The course is delivered in English, French, Spanish and Arabic.
What will you get?
You will learn:
- How to explain what a human rights defender is
- The risks associated with defending human rights
- How to use your voice to defend your rights and those of others
- How to join others in the fight to defend human rights
- The role of governments in protecting the rights of human rights defenders.
What does the course cover?
- The diverse situations of human rights defenders
- Threats human rights defenders, their friends and families, are facing
- Strategies to mitigate risks and ways to take action