Within the framework of the work of the Syrian Center for Media and Freedom of Expression (SCM) in building a society based on respecting and protecting the right to free expression of opinion, fighting impunity, and supporting media work as a form of freedom of opinion and based on the Center’s firm belief that combating crimes against journalists starts by empowering journalists with essential knowledge, the Media and Freedoms Program at SCM plans to produce a study that addresses:
“Domestic and international judicial and non-judicial mechanisms to combat impunity for crimes against journalists”
SCM is looking for a “researcher” based on the attached technical requirements and the following principles:
- Preparing the methodology and share it with the project team on December 5, 2023.
- Conduct the research, including Judicial mechanisms at the national and international levels to combat impunity for crimes committed against Syrian journalists, and including examining domestic and international judicial and non-judicial mechanisms to combat impunity for crimes committed against journalists and considering the role of civil society and organizations concerned with the rights of journalists in this context.
- Preparing the draft study for audit on February 6, 2024.
- Review and submit the final copy by March 4, 2024
- Review the translated version of the research.
- Participation in the webinar to launch the research.
- Proof of work in similar projects that includes:
- Excellent academic qualifications, at least including a bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline (preferably in Law or Media or political sciences).Demonstrable experience in developing similar research for the media sector (at least five years).Experience and understanding of the Syrian context and issues faced by stakeholders in Syria.Knowledge of international and local mechanisms and laws to combat impunity, the countries’ experiences in this context, and media laws.Demonstrable extensive experience in research, and research methods,Excellent analytical skills – research question design, familiarity with research methods (and their appropriate usage), and report writing.
- At least 2 References from previous projects.
- Financial offer including:
- The Financial compensation.
- The validity of the offer (duration- date)
- (70%) – Tenderer’s experience with the topic and the capacity for similar searches
- (30%). Financial offer
- For interested service providers, please send in your offer and professional portfolio in addition to a cost sheet, tenders shall be submitted by email only (with attachments) to the email address in the table below, with the following reference in the subject: Research of the fight against impunity.
- Tenders addressed to another email address or without attachments will be rejected, as we encourage you to send us your questions for any clarifications before submitting your proposed cost sheet.
- Only the selected party will be notified within two weeks of the deadline below.
|Deadline for submission of tenders/offers||12th November 2023 (5:00 pm Paris time)|
|Email for submission of tenders/offers||To: [email protected] Cc: [email protected]|
|For any questions or explanation:||To: [email protected] Cc: [email protected] [email protected]|
|Contract duration||Until complete execution of the obligations of the parties|
|Expected starting date of execution||20th November 2023.|