Scope of work:
Under the project “Supporting Syrian Victim Groups”, funded by the European Union, SCM is looking to support VGs’ regional and international advocacy efforts by hiring a “Translation Service Provider”. The selected candidate will be responsible for accurately translating the content of quarterly issued newsletters, with the approximate size of 3000 words each , from Arabic to both Kurdish and English. This includes not only linguistic translation but also the preservation of the intended meaning, tone, and style of the original text.
Translations are required every three months, coinciding with the release of our quarterly newsletters. The selected service provider should be able to adhere to a pre-agreed upon schedule to ensure timely delivery.
1. 8 Quarterly translated newsletters of 3000 words each from Arabic to English
2. 8 Quarterly translated newsletters of 3000 words each from Arabic to Kurdish
- Linguistic Proficiency: The candidate must demonstrate a high level of proficiency in Arabic and the target languages (English and Kurdish)
- 2 years minimum of proofed experience in providing external translation services. Past experience working with Syrian civil society organizations is a plus.
- Ability to provide a pricing structure for the translation services (Cost by word)
- Use neutral language in translation and avoid any personal bias.
- Familiarity with the Syrian context.
For interested candidates, please send in your offer (costsheet, priced by word), and professional portfolio with three samples of past work in Arabic, English, and Kurdish. Tenders shall be submitted by email only (with attachments) to the email address in the table below, with the following reference in the subject: Translation services– VGs/EU project. Tenders addressed to another email address or without attachments will be rejected.
We encourage you to send us your questions for any clarifications before submitting your proposed cost sheet.
Only the selected party will be notified within two weeks of the deadline below.
|Deadline for submission of tenders/offers
|3rd of December 2023 at 12:00 (Paris time)
|Email for submission of tenders/offers
|Email for questions
|[email protected] \ CC: [email protected]
|11 December 2023 – 1 June 2025
|Expected starting date of execution
|11 December 2023