The Syrian Center for Media and Freedom of Expression (SCM) is an independent, non-governmental, and non-profit organisation registered in France in 2004, governed by a non-remunerated board. It has held a special consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC) since 2011.
SCM’s vision is for a world based on freedom, justice, and equality that respects personal dignity, human rights, and fundamental freedoms.
Service name: Contract with a trainer specialized in investigative journalism
Program/ Project/ Department: Media and Freedoms
Positions available: 1 vacancy
Duration of the contract: until the completion of each party obligations
Application deadline: 18 May 2023 at 17:00 (GMT +2)
Expected start date: 23 May 2023.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As part of its work to support professional journalistic work, the Syrian Center for Media and Freedom of Expression (SCM) seeks to contract with a specialized trainer in the field of investigative journalism to improve the capacity of Syrian journalists and to provide ongoing technical support during the project timeline, The training will last for two days and the trainer
must have the following qualifications:
- Proved experience in investigative journalism: The trainer must have experience in investigative journalism, extensive background in the field and be familiar with the techniques and tools used in investigative journalism such as collecting and analyzing information and preparing journalistic reports.
- Remarkable training skills: The trainer must have good training skills, have the ability to deliver concepts clearly and simply and be able to motivate the participants in order to implement an active workshop.
- Design and implement the training program: The trainer must design the training program to be compatible with investigative journalism taking into consideration the best practices and techniques used in this field, also he must be able to implement all the training steps effectively during the project cycle.
- Time manager: the trainer must be committed to the workshop schedule in order to manage the workshop effectively during the project timeline.
In general, the trainer must have strong experience and skills in investigative journalism, good training skills, be able to design and implement the training materials and be a time
Please note that the training language will be Arabic.
- Applicant’s experience with the subject of the training (65%)
- Financial offer (35%)
How to apply:
Interested candidates can send their offers along with the required documents to the following email ([email protected]) with the subject line “Training in Investigative Journalism.” Only the offers to the email below will be accepted, any offers that do not contain the required documents will be rejected.
We encourage those who are interested to send us their questions to obtain more information regarding the project before submitting their proposal. For any questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected] and CC [email protected]
Selected candidate will be contacted within two weeks after the deadline for submission.
- Cv in PDF format including at least three previous references from previous projects
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, media or any related field
- At least 4 years of professional experience related to investigative journalism or similar projects
- Training programme for two days
- Financial Offer