The Syrian Center for Media and Freedom of Expression (SCM) is an independent, non-governmental, and non-profit organisation registered in France in 2004, governed by a non-remunerated board. It has held a special consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC) since 2011.
SCM’s vision is for a world based on freedom, justice, and equality that respects personal dignity, human rights, and fundamental freedoms.
Service name: Delivering journalistic investigative reports
Program/ Project/ Department: Media and Freedoms
Positions available: 12
Duration of the contract: 5 months maximum.
Application deadline: 15 April 2023.
Roles and Responsibilities:
SCM is looking to receive proposals from 12 journalists who are working inside Syria to conduct and produce a total of six joint investigative media reports about common problems or challenges in subjects related to public services (such as health, education, and infrastructure) in Arabic. Therefore, the proposal should be no more than one page including:
- Names of the two (or more) journalists
- Project Title
- Workplan, which shows the time plan (In 4 working months), coverage areas, and the objective of the project
- Potential partners
Projects submitted by two journalists and covering different geographical areas are preferred.
How to apply:
- The project proposal must be sent according to what is described in the responsibilities and not exceed one page.
- Interested candidates should have two years of journalism experience illustrated in their CVs, it also must include their contact information (e-mail and phone number), current place of residence, and previous work experience in PDF format
- The CV should be named in the person’s full name and sent to [email protected] with the job title in the email subject line
- Any application sent after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
- The review process will begin after the end of the advertisement period, and only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews. We apologize for not sending replies to the rest of applicants.