The Syrian Center for Media and Freedom of Expression (SCM) is an independent, non-governmental, and non-profit organisation registered in France in 2004, governed by a non-remunerated board. It has held a special consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC) since 2011.
SCM’s vision is for a world based on freedom, justice, and equality that respects personal dignity, human rights, and fundamental freedoms.
Job title: Financial Manager
Program/ Project/ Department: Finance Department
Positions available: 1 vacancy.
Duration of the contract: CDI
Application deadline: 27 January 2023.
Work Station: Paris, France
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Fully responsible for the financial and analytical accounting and reporting in the field, which includes the preparation of the annual budget, monthly forecast and risk reporting and the revising of periodic financial reports for donors.
- Advisor on all financial and budgeting, cost control and deviations-analysis, project control, contingency measures needed to respond to critical changes in the operating context, and upon request, financial training.
- Responsible for all provision of the French financial Audit report-Through Sage 50C.
- Handle all Bank & DFIP & Commissaire de compte -Regulations.
- Support and monitor compliance with the Finance handbooks and policies, and respective quality assurances.
- Follow up of Donor & external audit recommendations -related to Finance and update audit summary sheet
- Perform financial analysis of funding status including Master-Budget analysis (check cost coverage) and advise on actions to mitigate or resolve significant budget variances
Requirement, Skills, and Experience:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting
- 3 years of experience in financial auditing, finance, or accounting
- Accounting management skills
- Control the application of accounting control methods and procedures accounting control procedures
- Fluent French, Arabic, and English speaker.
How to apply:
- The CV must include contact information (telephone number, Mail address), previous experiences with professional references, academic qualifications
- The CV must be in PDF format with the full name of the applicant in the title.
- Applications should be sent via email to: [email protected] with the name of the vacancy in the email subject.
- Any applications received after the deadline will be rejected.
- CVs will be reviewed after the deadline of submission, and only shortlisted will be called for interviews. We apologize for not sending replies to all.