Advertiser to volunteer :The Syrian Center for Media and Freedom of Expression.
An overview of the volunteer side :The Syrian Center for Media and Freedom of Expression (SCM) is an independent, non-governmental, and non-profit organization that aims at a society that guarantees freedom of expression and belief, human rights, and access to justice. Its vision is to have a democratic world based on justice, freedom and equality with respect for human rights and dignity.
Program :The Violations Documentation Center in Syria (VDC).
Department :Documentation of Violations against Refugees.
Period of announcement: from 25 Jan to 10 Feb
Period of contact: 6 months, starting from the 1st of March 2020
Place of residence: Lebanon, Jordan, all European countries
Number of vacancies: 6 ===> (2) in Lebanon – (2) in Jordan – (2) in European countries
- Previous experience in the field of humanitarian work: sufficient knowledge of international laws, human rights laws, conventions on refugees, international protection, and terminology specific to the Syrian context, allowing the volunteer to perform the required tasks in the best way.
- Excellent command of Arabic.
- Good level of English language that enables the volunteer to translate (non-specialized) between Arabic and English (when necessary)
- Good knowledge of dealing with office programs (Microsoft Office) and electronic correspondence.
- A spirit of initiative and the ability to find solutions for the difficulties that are faced during the work
- Exercising a team spirit and respecting the rules, laws and work environment.
- The ability to monitor and document violations in the areas where work is required
- The ability to do online searches through open source and / or other available information sources
- Experience in handling files and emails and the ability to arrange and archive data in an organized manner.
- Accuracy and attention to detail and work within the specified time.
- Work full-time for 12 hours a week.
- A copy of the CV must be sent by e-mail to the address ([email protected]) that includes contact information (e-mail – phone number),previous work experience, academic qualifications,and contact information for the recommenders.
- The CV must be sent in PDF format, the name of the applicant and his country of residence at the header of the page in the form:
Full name / country of residence
- The email should be addressed as follows:
(Volunteer Application for the Refugee Violations Documentation Dep/ Country of Residence)
- CVs will be reviewed after the deadline of submission, and only shortlisted will be called for interviews. We apologize for not sending replies to all.