The Syrian Center for Media and Freedom of Expression announces an opportunity to volunteer within the team Documentation of Violations (Monitoring and documenting violations committed against Syrian refugees), according to the following conditions:
Volunteering body: The Syrian Center for Media and Freedom of Expression
An overview of the volunteering entity: The Syrian Center for Media and Freedom of Expression (SCM) is an independent, non-governmental and non-profit organization that aims at a society that guarantees freedom of expression and belief, human rights and access to justice. Its vision is a democratic world based on justice, freedom and equality with respect for human rights and dignity
Project: Violations Documentation Center Project VDCP
Field of work: Monitoring and documenting violations committed against Syrian refugees
Advertising period: from 20/08/2021 to 02/09/2021
Contract duration: 4 months
The place of residence of the volunteer: Turkey – Iraq – Lebanon – Jordan – Greece – France – Germany – Denmark
Number of volunteers required: 11
- To be proficient in working with google applications and familiar with the principles of digital security
- English language: Good level.
- Adequate knowledge of international laws, human rights laws, refugee conventions, and terminology specific to the Syrian context to allow the volunteer to perform the required tasks in the best way.
- The ability to follow up and document violations in the areas where work is required.
- The ability to conduct online research through open sources and/or other available sources of information.
- Experience in handling files and emails and the ability to organize and archive data in an organized manner.
- Accuracy, attention to details, and completion of work on time.
- Able to work 12 hours a week.
Please send your CV via email to [email protected] under the title (Volunteer – Documentation project – Refugees) in pdf format so that the applicant’s name is on the address of the volunteer application from abroad, and the CV must include the applicant’s contact information (No. telephone, and e-mail).
The CV review process will start after the end of the advertisement period, and only those candidates who have moved to the second stage will be invited for interviews. We apologize for not sending a response to the rest of the applicants.
Interviews will take place between 06/09/2021 and 17/09/2021 for those whose applications have been accepted.