Local Development and Small-Projects Support (LDSPS) is looking to fill the position of its Projects Manager assistance (short-term contract 6 months) in Gaziantep, Turkey.
The mission of LDSPS is to empower sustainable local governing structures and local civil society initiatives to serve, represent, and advocate for all community members.
LDSPS has been operating in Eastern Ghouta since 2013 and has recently expanded to Western Aleppo Countryside as a part of its new Local Community Empowerment (LCE) strategy.
About the position
– Title: Partners Projects Manager assistanلإ.
– Is appointed and reports to the Partners Projects Manager of the organization.
Responsibilities and tasks
The Project Manager will:
– support the Propose of the Partners-Projects yearly plan outlines (choice of partners and regions and allocation of funding) to the management team and get it approved.
– Is responsible for the quality and accuracy of the implementation of the projects of the local partners according to the organization plan and to the requirements of the corresponding contracts signed with the funders.
– support the local projects teams to define the partner projects selection mechanisms and put them in place after their approval by the management team.
– support the implementation of the projects internal follow-up processes of the organization (including the local offices) and put them in place.
in collaboration with the finance team, prepare the templates for the projects financialnarrative reports from the local projects teas and partners.
– in collaboration with the M&E and Studies teams, prepare the templates for the projects M&E reports for the local teams and partners.
– Translate (if needed) the projects implementation and follow-up requirements of the contracts signed with the funders into clear, written, easy to use guidelines for the local projects managers to follow.
– Follow-up with the local projects managers on weekly basis on the implementation of the local projects and inform the corresponding office directors of any delays of difficulties in getting information and/or real progress from the local projects managers.
– Based on the reports sent by the local projects managers (according to the guidelines and the reports-requests sent before), prepare the required reports on the projects to be included in the reporting to the funders or in the organization periodic reporting to its Board.
– Advice the local office directors on the hiring of the local projects managers.
Required skills and competencies
The main skills and competencies that LDSPS is seeking for the positions are:
– Good experience in projects management
– Fluent in Arabic and English
– Patience and pedagogy
– Motivation and positive spirit
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV attached to: [email protected]