Deadline for applications: Monday, September 25, 2017
- Part time position
Working area: HQ Beirut
The Communication Assistant helps the Communication and Advocacy
department with Dawlaty’s corporate communication needs, as well as other
communication related activities.
Work hand-in- hand with the Communication and Advocacy officer to
develop content about Dawlaty’s programs and campaigns, including
newsletters, press releases and annual reports.
● Implement the organization’s social media strategy and produce regular
● Provide assistance to Dawlaty’s Communication and Advocacy officer in
planning communication-related activities.
● Communicate with Syrian, regional and international media
● Handle other media and communication tasks in support of Dawlaty’s
program and advocacy priorities.
● Translating Dawlaty content from English to Arabic and vice versa
Reports Directly to: Communication and Advocacy Officer
- ▪ Relevant post-secondary qualifications, preferably in journalism
- ▪ Experience in working with civil society organizations and NGOs
- ▪ Strong written and oral communication skills
- ▪ Working knowledge of Arabic and English
- ▪ Excellent writing skills in Arabic
- ▪ Experience in corporate communication preferred.
- ▪ Knowledge of and experience working in Syrian context strongly preferred
- ▪ Knowledge of gender, human rights, civil society, civic and democratic
- values and civil disobedience strongly preferred
- 1 to 2 years
Education degree: Bachelor Degree Field of education: Candidate must have attained a bachelor degree in a related field
Arabic: Excellent English: Very Good French:
Period: 6 months with possibility of extension
Submission guidelines: Please send your CV with a cover letter to [email protected] no later than 25th September 2017
Cover letter required? Yes
Email: [email protected]