Job Title: Administrative/Finance Officer
Department/Office: Media & Freedoms Unit
Job Location: Turkey
Report to: Head of Media and Freedoms Unit
Application Deadline: 10 September 2017
Syrian Center for Media and Freedom of Expression (SCM) is looking for a Administrative/Finance Officer who work under the guidance of the Head of Media and Freedoms Unit and the finance manager. He/she will look after the day-to-day administrative and financial management matters related to the unit. He/she will support with annual work planning, progress reporting, project monitoring and budget management of programs inputs and delivery of their outputs.
- A minimum of 2 year experience in demonstrated administrative functions;
- Experience in providing a streamlined administrative service role to a project management team;
- Familiar with administrative functions;
- Demonstrated initiative in carrying out his/her duties and ability to work independently to tight deadlines;
- Ability to operate standard office equipment and familiarity with principles of accounting and office practice are essential;
- Excellent computer skills in common word processing (MS Word), spread sheet (MS Excel), and accounting software;
- Appropriate Arabic and English language skills, both spoken and written.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- General financial and administrative support to the project;
- Assist project management in performing budget cycle: planning, preparation, revisions, and budget execution;
- Monitor project expenditures, ensuring that no expenditure is incurred before it has been authorized;
- Assist project team in drafting monthly, quarterly and yearly project progress reports concerning financial issues;
- Ensure that SCM procurement rules are followed during procurement activities that are carried out by the project and maintain responsibility for the inventory of the project assets;
- Perform preparatory work for mandatory and general budget revisions, annual physical inventory and auditing, and assist external evaluators in fulfilling their mission;
- Prepare all outputs in accordance with the SCM administrative and financial office guidance;
- Ensure the project utilizes the available financial resources in an efficient and transparent manner;
- Ensure that all project financial activities are carried out on schedule and within budget to achieve the project outputs;
- Perform all other financial related duties upon request;
- Provide assistance in the operational management of the project according to the project document and the Nationally Implemented procedures;
- Provide support in preparing project events, including workshops, meetings (monthly, quarterly and annual), tours, trainings, etc., as required;
- Properly and accurately document the work data;
- Act as a focal point for SCM and keep good relations with local entities, media, civil society members, and NGOs.
- Adhere to professional standards as outlined by protocols, rules and regulations.
- Maintains safe working environment by complying with safety procedures, rules, and regulations;
- Preserve and protect beneficiary confidentiality in all situations and with all documentation;
- Performs other related duties as required.
Interested candidates in applying, please send your CV via e-mail to [email protected], with the name of the vacancy in the mailing subject. Email that does not contain the vacancy name will not be taken into consideration.