The Syrian Center for Media and Freedom of Expression (SCM) is an independent, non-governmental and non-profit organization that aims for a society that guarantees freedom of expression, belief, human rights and access to justice. Since its establishment in 2004, SCM has worked to defend individuals persecuted because of their beliefs, promote human rights, and support and develop professional, independent and critical media.
The SCM currently focuses on human rights violations documentation, litigation for victims, and support for civil society and Syrian media/journalists. Our team members are based in Syria and neighboring countries, as well as Europe and the Americas, and our headquarters are in Paris, France.
The SCM is recruiting for a “Coordinator” who will help develop and implement plans and projects for the Hate Speech Observatory Project according to the identified needs and objectives by SCM.
Project: Hate Speech Observatory Project
Contract duration: 9 months
Start date: 01.January 2020
Tasks and responsibilities:
– Work closely with the program manager to ensure project implementation according to the plan.
– Track and record progress in project implementation.
– Coordinate between the program manager, the researcher and media monitors before, during and after conducting the media monitoring round.
– Writing progress reports and contribute to the final narrative report.
– Preparing summaries of various activities, including conferences and meetings, ensuring that they are saved and consistent with general plans and content of program’s work, and coordinate with other programs and departments as needed as guidance by direct manager
– Documenting and saving relevant information, documents and data in accordance with the specific needs of the program
– Comply with professional standards enshrined in relevant regulations, protocols, and laws.
– Maintaining a safe working environment committed to safety procedures, rules, and regulation
– Any other tasks assigned by the program manager.
– University degree in management, economy, media or any related field.
– 2-3 years of experience in a similar field
– Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to track and record project progress.
– Familiarity with project implementation techniques and tools.
– Excellent written and verbal communication in both Arabic and English.
– Familiarity with MS Office programs.
– The ability to work on a team
– Willingness and ability to work individually under pressure and in difficult and complex circumstances
– Ability to maintain healthy relationships and a friendly environment at work, and to be able to handle various types of communications both internally and externally, in accordance with the confidentiality policy and with the mainline of organizational communication strategy.
If you feel you are qualified for the role, send your CV to [email protected] and please add ‘Coordinator – Hate Speech Observatory Project ’ in the subject of your email.
The last date of receiving applications is 19.December 2019.