The Syrian Center for Media and Freedom of Expression (SCM) plans to continue its efforts in empowering Syrian civil society by establishing a “Transitional Justice Forum” that will bring together stakeholders from Syrian human rights organizations, victims’ groups, members of the Constitutional Committee, and representatives of Syrian civil society from different regions Inside and outside Syria for dialogue on issues related to transitional justice, enforced disappearances, and strategic litigation efforts within the framework of universal jurisdiction (like a trial in Koblenz, legal complaints in Germany and France about the Chemical Attacks in the Eastern Ghouta and Khan Sheikhoun).
The forum includes conducting 4 webinars/discussion sessions, to open dialogue among relevant Syrian stakeholders, the topics will address different aspects of “practical transitional justice,” and provide tools and places through which Syrians can seek justice for victims and their families, based on the results of the center’s efforts in Strategic litigation and documentation of violations. The webinars will include selected speakers and experts with current or past relative experience (Syrian or international experts), and will provide insights and examples from around the world to raise participants’ awareness and uncover current pathways to justice.
SCM is looking for a “Service Provider” Forum Moderator based on the attached technical requirements and the following principles:
- Lead and facilitate online webinars/discussions.
- Support in defining topics for webinars/discussions.
- Support the project team in identifying attendees, beneficiaries, and relevant stakeholders and speakers.
- Support the project team and speakers in communicating with the selected participants.
- Provide additional support to the Project Assistant as required.
SCM welcome more suggestions from service providers to improve technical specifications.
- Proof of experience in similar projects that includes:
- Full understanding of the Syrian context.
- Familiarity with transitional justice processes, strategic litigation, and documentation of violations.
- At least 2 references from previous projects.
- Financial offer.
Location of Work:
- (60%) – relevance of the tenderer’s previous experience to the topic of the forum and the experience in facilitating sessions.
- (40%). Financial offer
For interested service providers, please send in your offer and professional portfolio in addition to a cost sheet. Tenders shall be submitted by email only (with attachments) to the email address in the table below, with the following reference in the subject: Forum Moderator. Tenders addressed to another email address or without attachments will be rejected. We encourage you to send us your questions for any clarifications before submitting your proposed cost sheet.
Only the selected party will be notified within two weeks of the deadline below.
|Deadline for submission of tenders/offers||5 September 2021 at 17:00 (Paris time)|
|Email for submission of tenders/offers||[email protected]|
|Email for questions||[email protected] \ CC: Marwan.h @scm.ngo|
|Contract duration||Until complete execution of the obligations of the parties|
|Expected starting date of execution||21 September 2021|