The Syrian Center for Media and Freedom of Expression (SCM) is an independent, non-governmental, and non-profit organisation registered in France in 2004, governed by a non-remunerated board. It has held a special consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC) since 2011.
SCM’s vision is for a world based on freedom, justice, and equality that respects personal dignity, human rights, and fundamental freedoms.
Job title: Data Quality Control Project Coordinator
Program/ Project/ Department: Violations Documentation Center Project (VDC)
Positions available: 1 vacancy.
Duration of the contract: 12 months, up to renewal (3 months probation period).
Application deadline: 9 February 2023.
Work Station: Online.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating with the legal and technical departments and the project departments to create documentation forms and set standards for raising the quality and consistency of data according to the institution’s standards and the Syrian situation.
- Review, audit and archive the data entered in the documentation database by the team after ensuring their conformity with the institution’s standards according to the reality of the Syrian situation.
- Develop mechanisms and an action plan for updating data in coordination with the management and the team to ensure the implementation of works according to existing projects.
- Directly supervising the process of migrating datasets to the documentation system in cooperation with the data development project manager.
- Studying the possibility of using technical solutions to improve the work of the data update team, in cooperation with the concerned departments through partner agencies, volunteers and trainees.
- Perform periodic team evaluations.
- Preparing monthly reports to be shared and discussed with the administration, and preparing monitoring and evaluations proofs of activities.
- Following up the manager’s requests related to project work.
- Monitor the extent to which the data update team respects information confidentiality standards and regulate access to the team and colleagues from other departments.
- Coordinating capacity building processes for the data cleansing and updating team in order to raise the quality of work.
- Developing personal experties in the field of human rights and technical fields.
- Coordination of external requests with the project manager
Requirement, Skills, and Experience:
- Advanced experience in using Google workspace.
- Advanced experience in utilising Excel and Open Refine
- Legal experience in IHL, IHRL and ICL
- At least two years of experience in the field of human rights work, especially in the Syrian context
- Priority is given to law and informatics graduates or those with experience in the two fields.
- Good team management experience.
- Fluent Arabic and English speaker.
How to apply:
- The CV must include contact information (telephone number, Mail address), previous experiences with professional references, academic qualifications
- The CV must be in PDF format with the full name of the applicant in the title.
- Applications should be sent via email to: [email protected] with the name of the vacancy in the email subject.
- Any applications received after the deadline will be rejected.
- CVs will be reviewed after the deadline of submission, and only shortlisted will be called for interviews. We apologize for not sending replies to all.