The Syrian Center for Media and Freedom of Expression (SCM) plans to continue its efforts in empowering Syrian civil society, by developing the work of the “Civil Society Gateway” platform, based on the need for a common space for Syrian civil society organizations, and to increase coordination and information sharing between Civil society institutions, especially with the diversity of the nature of their activities, areas of presence and working conditions.
Within the Civil Society Gateway project, SCM developed a “Civil Society gateway” platform, which is an electronic platform that gathers Syrian civil society organizations within one space, through which they can present their programs, activities, and news to all interested parties, including beneficiaries, donors and decision-makers. It allows registered organizations to display and introduce their data and activities, publish reports, studies and news, in addition to the possibility to view job and funding opportunities announcements, which will also be available to unregistered visitors, and to view reports and studies issued by international organizations and United Nations agencies and bodies.
SCM is looking for two “Content Editors” as follows:
- Proofread, re-structure and publish articles by content writers and CSOs
- Update project’s platform and social media pages with new content
- Reach out to stakeholders and use online sources to research topics
- Use data and feedback from users to help evaluate and enhance the value of the platform content
- Improve visual content in collaboration with the project team and designer.
- Ensure quality of the data and ensure timely publication
- Generate new ideas for content collection and publishing
- Monitor web traffic and user engagement.
- Any other duties assigned by the Project Manager
Required Competencies and conditions:
- Syrian nationals residing in Syria or neighboring countries.
- At least an intermediate institute certificate (preferably in a related field).
- Experience working with civil society organizations
- Proven work experience of at least 1 year as a content editor, web editor, or similar role.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English and Arabic.
- Experience with content management systems
- Familiarity with search engine optimization systems and keywords.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with all team members.
- Organized and paid attention to details.
- Experience working on office programs (Office) and cloud storage programs (google: drive, sheets, docs).
- CV that includes the above-required qualifications.
- At least two references from previous works
- The selected candidate is contracted in the form of an employment contract with compensation of 750 € seven hundred fifty euros covering the assumed contracting period (from March 18 until the end of April 2022).
- In the case of an extension by agreement of the parties, a monthly compensation of 500 euros is granted.
Location of Work:
How to Apply:
- The application shall be submitted by email only (with attachments) to the mentioned emails, with the following reference in the subject: Content Editor.
- The application addressed to another email address or without attachments will be rejected, as we encourage you to send us your questions for any clarifications before submitting your application via the same email
- Only the selected party will be notified within two weeks of the deadline below.
- The Deadline for submission is 16 March 2022 (17.00 Paris time).
- Expected starting date for the work is 18 March 2022